July 2022 Lots 451 – 500

Saturday 2nd July 2022 – The Venue,
Grantham Rd, Navenby, Lincs LN5 0JJ
Viewing from 8.00am on morning of sale – Sale starts 10.00am
terms   directions   commission_bid
Lots 451 – 500 Next >
Click on thumbnails to view the lot pictures. Click anywhere in darkened overlay area to close picture.
451 “LNER Saxilby” metal plated Station Platform Lamp Vessel complete with burner but lacks filler cap. Restored.
452 GNR Somersault Signal Lamp Interior Lamp plated “Mumby Road”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
453 Polished hardwood Tilt Block with metal plate attached stamped “Essendine and Stamford Branch 3m 24ch to 3m 45ch. V.g.c. 5in. long.
454 BR(E) half flanged enamel Station Totem Sign “Peterborough East”. Four small re-touched face chips. Good colour and shine.
455 Great Eastern Railway 3 aspect sliding knobs Handlamp from the GN & GE Joint Line. Stamped “GER Donnington Rd. 10”. Complete with all fittings, glasses and back handle. Unpainted.
456 A Bag containing 23 ivorine and Trafolite Signal Box Instrument Plates most bearing Lincolnshire names.
457 Engraved Glass Tablet “Ryhall & Belmisthorpe” from a GNR Station Platform Lamp. V.g.c. 12.9in. long. From the only intermediate station on the short Stamford – Essendine Branch Line.
458 “G. N. R. Eastville” brass Office Stamp on a turned wooden handle.
459 Two double sided metal Tags with hanging loops “Little Steeping to Boston GNR Switches E.L” (i.e East Lincs) and “Saxilby to Boston”. (2).
460 GNR large 3 aspect Handlamp stamped “GNR 3915” top and body and with brass plates “George W. Samson Manufacturer Birmingham” and “Great Northern Railway Company Lolham 3” (a signal box on the East Coast Main Line between Essendine and Tallington). Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
461 Two Cash Bag Labels: “M&GN Jt. Eye Green” (brass) and “Kings Lynn LMS 20” (copper).
462 LNER (GNR pattern) 3 aspect Handlamp stamped LNER top and body and date stamped 1924. Brass plated “London & North Eastern Railway Stainby” (a location on the High Dyke Branch south of Grantham). Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
463 London & North Western Railway 3 aspect Handlamp stamped “Netherfield & Colwich (sic) Traffic A 19918”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
464 Cast iron Makers Plate “By Her Majestys Royal Letters Patent Ruston Proctor & Co. Lincoln No. 1419” with a wheat sheaf to the centre. Probably from a threshing machine. V.g.c. 17.5×11.5in.
465 Telephone Circuit Card for the “Highdyke – Stainby” section of the Ironstone Mine Workings south of Grantham. Eight descriptions are shown with relevant call signals. V.g.c. and in its original glazed cast iron frame mounted onto a wooden panel.
466 Wooden Signal Box Board with applied letters “Lea”. Very good condition retaining original hanging brackets. 37×11.5in. A GN & GE Joint Line Box between Gainsborough and Stow Park.
467 GNR engraved brass Signal Box Instrument Plates: “To Spalding Box 1” and “ To Gosberton”. (2).
468 Leather Cash Bag brass plated “LNER Sturton to Gainsborough Centl”. Some fraying to the bag top.
469 GNR 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “Great Northern Railway Company Tumby Woodside”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and unpainted.
470 Cast iron Locomotive Shedplate “36C” (Frodingham). Face restored only.
471 “Midland Railway Registered Number 3169” embossed oval Plate with hanging chain. Possibly from a weighing machine.
472 LNER cast iron Station Seat back Nameplate “Firsby”. Face restored. 23.75in. long.
473 GNR large 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “Great Northern Railway Company Authorpe No. 4”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
474 Cast iron Wagon Registration Plate “Registered by the GNR Co. To Carry 10 Tons 1896 4689”. V.g.c. and restored.
475 Small enamel Notice “Mid & G.N. Joint Railways. The booking offices at the stations on the Mid & GN Joint Railways are open for the issue of tickets fifteen minutes before the departure of each train. By order.” A delightful little sign with minor edge chipping and fine deep colour and shine. 8x5in.
476 Brass faced steel Single Line Tablet inscribed “Heacham – Hunstanton”. The final section of the line to the terminus from Kings Lynn.
477 Box containing wooden backed Rubber Office Stamps.
478 Two Items of Glazed Stoneware: A “Peterboro’ G.N.R.” small bowl and a “Refreshment Dept. Great Northern Hotel Peterboro” small milk / cream pourer. (2).
479 BR(E) fully flanged enamel Station Totem Sign “Woodhall Junction”. Lovely condition with fine deep colour and shine.
480 Midland & Great Northern Joint Railway 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “M&GN” and “M&GNJR 2124 Counterdrain”. Complete with “M&GNJR” vessel, all fittings and glasses and restored.
481 Midland Railway long brass Signal Box Lever Plate inscribed “Home From Bourn” with remains of original red wax infill to the lettering. The station was renamed Bourne in July 1893. 14in. long.
482 Oval cast brass Locomotive Builders Plate “Great Central Ry. Co. Builders Gorton Works 1922 Manchester”. As carried by the D11 Class 4-4-0 No. 62669 “Ypres”. The loco was withdrawn from Sheffield Darnall in August 1960 and cut up at Doncaster Works. The plate is in fine condition face restored only.
483 “LNER Northorpe” brass Office Stamp on a turned wooden handle. V.g.c.
484 Railway Carriage Print “Town Bridge, Stamford, Lincolnshire” by John Bee from the LNER 1945 – 47 series. V.g.c. and in an original type glazed frame.
485 M&GNJR brass Signal Box Instrument Plates: “From Clay Lake” and “To Hawthorn Bank”. (2).
486 Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway metal Oil Can stamped “MS & L Ry” (twice) and brass plated “MS & L Ry. New Signal Box Sturton Lamp Oil”. Complete with stopper and swing handle. Restored. 11in. tall.
487 Great Northern and Great Eastern Joint 3 aspect Handlamp stamped “GNR 13299” top and body and dated 1891. Brass plated “Great Northern Railway Company GN. GE Skellingthorpe No. 1” (i.e. Skellingthorpe Sidings, west of Lincoln not to be confused with Skellingthorpe station which was on the LD&ECR). Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored.
488 Midland & Great Northern Joint Railway 3 aspect Handlamp stamped “M&GNJR” in the body and brass plated “M&GN” and “Sutton Bridge M&GNJR 1773”. Complete with “M&GNJR” vessel, all fittings and glasses and restored.
489 M&GN enamel Signal Box Nameboard “Sutton Bridge” in its original wooden frame with hanging brackets. V.g.c. 47×8.75in. o/all. The box stood by the iconic Keys Bridge well photographed over the years.
490 LNER cast iron Station Seat back Nameplate “Donington Road”. A very good welded repair between the two words. Face restored. 47in. long.
491 GNR Ground Signal Lamp Case brass plated “Great Northern Railway No. 28866” and copper plated “Ruskington”. Restored with one bullseye lens missing, the other is loose.
492 GNR engraved brass Signal Box Instrument Plates: “To Cowbit” and “From Pinchbeck”. (2).
493 Leather Cash Bag brass plated “GNR Wages Tuxford”. Complete with LNER closing disc. Good condition.
494 GNR large 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “London & North Eastern Railway Grimoldby 3” and “George W. Samson Manufacturer Birmingham”. Complete with all fittings and glasses. Restored.
495 “M&GN 205” oval cast iron Bridge Numberplate from Green Lane footbridge, Spalding, which was a long dog-leg structure.
496 Two LNER Welch Patent Signal lamp Interior Lamps: One is plated “Boultham Junc. Lincoln”, the other “Wragby”. Both complete with all fittings and glasses and restored. (2).
497 LNER cast iron Station Seat back Nameplate “Sleaford”. As found on the station track bed with the “RD” missing some years ago. The substantial remainder is as found. 23in. long.
498 GN & GE Joint Line 3 aspect sliding knobs Handlamp stamped “GER Cowbit GE & GN 3” and dated 1908. Complete with “GER” vessel, all fittings, glasses and back handle. Unrestored.
499 Oval cast iron Builders Plate “Clayton & Shuttleworth Ltd. Builders 1917 Lincoln” with the raised lion trademark to the centre. Face restored only. 12x7in.
500 Brass Lamp Vessel plated “LNER Nocton & Dunston”. Complete with burner and brandy glass globe. V.g.c.
Next >