take a closer look at items, click on the images. After viewing,
close box. Some items do not have an available image to view.
note: Items are subject to a 10% buyers premium
Southern Railway enamel
Station Sign “Platform 4” with directional arrow. Three edge / corner
chips otherwise v.g.c. with good colour & shine. 24x12in.
LB&SCR Vesta Match Case. Label to
lid reads “Bertram & Company Ltd. Refreshment Contractors London,
Brighton & South Coast Rly. Good condition.
GWR Lineman’s metal cased Galvanometer.
The silvered dial within a brass bezel engraved “Great Western Railway”.
V.g.c. and in its rather tatty but original GWR leather case.
SR Marine silver plated Sundae Dish by Elkington. Nicely
face inscribed with the “Southern Ry” scroll and house flag.
“GWR Birmingham Restaurant”
silver plated Sugar Bowl by Elkington. Face marked with the title
scroll and twin shields device. Items from this location are scarce.
GWR fully titled ‘Wagon Doors’ cast
iron Notice. “James Milne General Manager Mar. 1922”. Face restored
only a while ago. See also lot no. 375 for the ‘James Inglis’ version.
Cast iron Notice “L&SWR neither matches
nor lights must be taken near stored paraffin”. Face restored only.
Southern Rly. wooden Signal Box Board with applied
letters “Medstead and Four Marks”. Some slight rot to back but generally
good sound condition. 59x27.5in.
A limited edition Print
of a painting by Terence Cuneo “The Golden Arrow” arriving at Dover
Marine behind Britannia Loco “William Shakespeare”. Personally signed
by the artist and presented in a card mount. 30x24in. overall.
GWR Signal Box brass Drum Clock by
Kay & Co. Paris. Matching numbers “4026” to case, back and movement.
Some spidery craze lines to face but a very honest timepiece in working
“New Zealand Shipping Company Ld” large
glazed stoneware Bowl by Ashworth Bros. Full company title & house
flag displayed in a large garter device. v.g.c. 10.75in. dia. x 5in.
An early 3 aspect French Handlamp. Brass plate to body
“Chemin de Fer du Midi” is stamped with the location “Mountauban”.
Complete with original vessel, burner, reflector and all glasses (red
cracked). Restored. The Midi was one of the original French companies
formed in the 1840’s working from Bordeaux into the Pyrenees and Massif
Central. A coloured advertisement from a 1894 French journal accompanies
the lot. Very attractive.
LSWR 3 aspect Handlamp.
Body stamped “L&SWR A461”. Complete with “SR” vessel, burner, reflector
and all glasses. Unrestored.
Embossed Board Covers gold incised
with GWR full title crest and lettered “Town and places to and from
which the Great Western Railway Company carry goods from and to Plymouth,
Devonport & Sutton Harbour”. No contents but a nice item.
Southern Railway Marine Officers gilt wire
and cloth Cap Badge, featuring the “SR” house flag and laurel leaves.
Pair of L&SWR marked brass Carriage Roof Ventilators
of different styles. Both in v.g.c. and working order. (2).
BR(W) double royal Poster
“Green Arrow Service” advertising goods / parcels services and featuring
fine artwork by A.N. Wolstenholme of a goods train hauled by loco.
no. 7918 “Rhose Wood Hall”. Folds only and in a glazed frame.
LSWR brass faced Lock Repeater Instrument
with a pivoting ‘flag’ written “Locked / Free”. V.g.c. and scarce.
Large metal Oil Container stamped “S.A.R.”
(Southern Rly. Ashford) and bearing a large brass plate “Engine Oil
Sturminster Newton Empty to Bournemouth Cen.” Very good condition
and with screw cap. 21.5in. tall. Sturminster Newton on the S&DJR
closed in March 1966.
“Great Western Railway Hotels” silver plated Soup Ladle
by Elkington. Crisply top marked with the twin shields and title scroll
Elders & Fyffes Limited silver plated four pint Coffee Pot by Walker
& Hall. Nicely face inscribed with the garter title and house flag.
V.g.c. and impressive.
Bronze Single Line Key (end removed)
“Port Isaac Road - St. Kew Highway 21”. From the ‘Withered Arm’ line
down to Padstow closed in October 1966.
Southern Railway enamel
Station Target Sign “Southampton Central”. Minor perimeter chipping
only and still attached to its original wooden backing board.
“S.R. Wages Southwick” engraved brass
Cash Bag Label still attached to its leather mount. A former LB&SCR
station between Shoreham and Brighton.
“GWR St. John Ambulance
Association” nickel Arm Badge with hanging company initials scroll.
Isle of Wight Railway Refreshment
Department tiny silver plated Cream Jug by Elkington. Nicely face
inscribed “I of W Ry. Reft. Dept.” in a belted garter. An exquisite
little item in v.g.c. 1.75in. tall.
GWR presentation ebonised
Walking Stick with handle made from horn or antler. Decorated silver(?)
ferrule inscribed “Presented to Ins.r. W.H. Martyn by the GWR Supervisory
Staff on his retirement 18th. July 1926”. v.g.c. 36.25in. long.
LB&SCR Signal Wire Tensioning Apparatus.
Complete with hand wheel, fixing plate and ratchet mechanism. Embossed
“LBSCR 218” three times. v.g.c. and restored.
“Southern Ry” Marine
Department glass Tumbler with a fluted base. Face etched with the
company house flag and title scroll. v.g.c. 4in. tall.
BR(S) fully flanged enamel Sign “No
Parking”. Edge and face chips but very good colour and shine. 24x12in.