November 2017 lots 51-100

SAT 25th Nov 2017 – Cedric Ford Pavilion,
Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Newark, Notts, NG24 2NY
terms directions commission_bid
Lots 51 – 100 Next >
Click on thumbnails to view the lot pictures. Click anywhere in darkened overlay area to close picture.
51 Original Painting by Joe Townend, Guild of Railway Artists member, depicting a work stained ‘WD’ 2-8-0 Loco No. 90030 and train clattering over the Selby swing bridge. Oil on canvas. Unframed. 24x18in. SOLD FOR
52 GCR / LNER Platform Lamp Vessel with copper plate “Reepham”. Complete with brass burner and glass chimney. V.g.c. A station north east of Lincoln closed in Nov. 1965. SOLD FOR
53 “Annesley Junction” Signal Box Board. Original letters on new board and frame. 96.5x10in. This was a former GNR box at the northern end of the Leen Valley Extension north of Nottingham. SOLD FOR
54 Great Northern Rly. oval cast iron Bridge Numberplate “GNR 36”. Face restored and complete with bolts. SOLD FOR
55 Sykes mahogany cased Signal Box Block Instrument with its top mounted “Down Line” indicator. Complete with its “Line Occupied” brass slide, “Up Line” and “Down Line” enamel plates which are in v.g.c. as is the instrument generally. SOLD FOR
56 Enamel Sign “Locomotive drivers must give a prolonged whistle when about to pass under bridge.” V.g.c. 24x9in. SOLD FOR
57 Oval cast iron Industrial Locomotive Registration Plate “Registered by the Railway Executive No. 1700 1953”. Ex-loco condition as carried by the Peckett 0-4-0ST (2054 / 1944) which worked at the NCB, Whittle, Northumberland. Their No. 52 named “Richard”. SOLD FOR
58 LNER, GNR pattern, 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “London & North Eastern Railway Lincoln Holmes Yd. 23”. Complete with all fittings and glasses. Unrestored. SOLD FOR
59 North Eastern Railway Pocket Stop Watch. The case is inscribed “NER 938”. The enamelled dial with subsidiary dials is in v.g.c. and is written “15 miles per hour from 1/4 mile distance”. A scarce timepiece in working order. SOLD FOR
60 BR(E) or more likely LNER enamel Doorplate “Ladies Only” ex-Dukeries Junction station. One chip to bottom left edge. Very good colour and shine. A sign with an unusual title from this station which closed in March 1950. SOLD FOR
61 Box of Railway Lamps. SOLD FOR
62 “Midland & Gt. Northern Joint Railway” cast iron Trespass Notice, Midland pattern. Face restored only. SOLD FOR
63 Cast iron Locomotive Shedplate “31B” (March). Face restored only. n/s
64 Curved enamel Makers Plate “The Defiance Acetylene Flare Light Palmer & Co. Works :- March, Cambs”. V.g.c. 6x4in. SOLD FOR
65 Cast iron Parish Direction Post lettered “Chatteris Parish” on the sloping top and “To Chatteris Railway Station 3 miles” and “To Manea Stonea and Upwell” on the ‘V’ format sides. 42in tall x 9in. wide. Unrestored. Chatteris was a GN & GE Joint station south of March. SOLD FOR
66 “Lancashire & Yorkshire Waggon Co. Ld. Builders Heywood” cast iron Wagon Plate. Unrestored 9.5×6.75in. SOLD FOR
67 LNE-E 3 aspect sliding knobs Handlamp stamped “Gds. Cambridge 344”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and dated for 1924 so a very early LNER example. Back handle removed. Unrestored. SOLD FOR
68 Station Platform Bell. A large bell with external hammer suspended below a cast iron case containing the solenoids. V.g.c. and very ‘Brief Encounter’! SOLD FOR
69 Cast iron Locomotive Shedplate “50A” (York). Ex-loco condition probably as carried by a Class 40 Diesel. SOLD FOR
70 Rolled coloured Signal Box Diagram “New England East”. V.g.c. 54.5x29in. SOLD FOR
71 “King’s Lynn / March” painted double sided small wooden Carriage Board. Fine original condition. 32.5in. long. SOLD FOR
72 BR(E) “Beware of Trains” enamel Sign. Re-touched small edge and screwhole chips only. Good colour and shine. 27x18in. SOLD FOR
73 Great Eastern Railway steel Tri-Square with integral plumb bob. An unusual piece of measuring equipment clearly marked “GER”. V.g.c. 15x13in. SOLD FOR
74 Large Webb & Thompson Single Line Train Staff with five brass rings. The cast brass ends lettered “Llanrwst – Tal Y Cafn 2”. V.g.c. and restored. A section of the former LNWR route from Llandudno Junction to Bettws-y-Coed. n/s
75 LNER double royal pictorial Poster “Lincoln” by Fred Taylor. A fine image showing part of the cathedral in the foreground and the adjacent buildings. A small edge nick otherwise v.g.c. with no folds. SOLD FOR
76 Great Northern Railway cast iron Signal Finial. The base box embossed “G.N.R.” and “McK & H Ltd. W” i.e. McKenzie & Holland, Worcester. Unrestored. 31in. tall. SOLD FOR
77 North British Railway 3 aspect Handlamp. Brass plated “R.G. Murray Carlton Court Bridge St. Glasgow” and stamped “Eyemouth 4339”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored. Eyemouth was the terminus of a short branch from Burnmouth on the ECML and closed in Feb. 1962. n/s
78 Internally illuminated Sign in its original metal trimmed case with carrying handle. Opal perspex face panel with applied letters “Ticket office for all trains enquiries parcels and left luggage” with directional arrow. V.g.c. 25x20x4.5in. Complete with plug and in working order. SOLD FOR
79 Box containing ten volumes of “Locomotives of the LNER” by the R.C.T.S. The well-known green books in good condition. SOLD FOR
80 GWR Locomotive Cab brass cased Vacuum Gauge. Flange marked “GWR” & the silvered twin needle dial is lettered “GWR Duplex Vacuum Gauge Train Pipe / Reservoir”. V.g.c. SOLD FOR
81 Cast iron Locomotive Shedplate “8F” (Wigan Springs Branch). Cleaned otherwise ex-loco condition. SOLD FOR
82 LNER Locomotive Headlamp converted to a Permanent Way Trolley Lamp. Stamped “LNER” and plated “LNER – DE Motor Trolley Mickleover”. DE referring to Derby Extension. The lamp has an LNER vessel assembly but requires a locating stanchion. The bullseye lens is present but requires a bezel to hold it in place. However this is a scarce lamp from a rarely offered location on the Derby Friargate to Burton line closed in 1956. SOLD FOR
83 “Caledonian Railway Central Station Hotel Glasgow” silver plated Hot Toddy Glass Holder by Walker & Hall. Title base marked on this superb item which has ornate pierced work and handle. SOLD FOR
84 Cast aluminium Nameplate “Muricidae” with integral Shell Petroleum badge. As carried by the Class 47 DE Locomotive 47195 (formerly D1845 built Crewe 1965). It was named at Crewe Diesel Depot in August 1988, part of a fleet of Shell Petroleum allocated locos all given the Latin names for various sea shells. The nameplates “Muricidae” were removed by Sept. 1991. Ex-loco condition 45.5×9.9in. SOLD FOR
85 LNER cast iron Station Doorplate “Parcels Office”. Face restored only a while ago. SOLD FOR
86 Circular cast iron Locomotive Builders Plate “Vulcan Ironworks Builders Wilkes – Barre – PA. No. 4547 1944”. Face restored only. As carried by the S100 Class 0-6-0T Locomotive ex-USA Corps of Engineers No. 6177. After the war many examples were scattered all over Europe in industry including NCB, Austin Motor Co. etc. in the U.K. SOLD FOR
87 A Branch Annett’s Key with a riveted brass plate inscribed “Holme to Ramsey” and on reverse “Ramsey Holme”. A former GNR branch of 5.75 miles in length from the ECML closed to passengers in Oct. 1947, freight services continued until July 1973. SOLD FOR
88 A Group of LNER and GNR cast iron Signs still attached to sections of wooden posts. SOLD FOR
89 GNR non-upholstered Slat Back Chair ex-Skegness Parcels Office. Clearly branded “GNR” below the seat. SOLD FOR
90 BR(M) flanged enamel Station Direction Sign “British Railways (in totem) Bloxwich” with left pointing arrow. Some corrosion loss to flange and a few edge chips. A former LNWR station on the Walsall – Rugeley line closed in Jan 1965 and re-opened in May 1989. SOLD FOR
91 GNR small 3 aspect Handlamp brass plated “Great Northern Railway Company Heckington 4”. Complete with all fittings and glasses and restored. Heckington with its unique windmill is on the Boston – Sleaford line. SOLD FOR
92 Cast iron Wagon Registration Plate “Registered by the L&NWRy 1918 to carry 12 tons 14998”. V.g.c. and unrestored. n/s
93 10in. mahogany cased drop dial Wall Clock of possibly LYR origin. The dial is written “BR(E)” partially erased, the number being totally erased. The rear of the dial is pencilled “BR(E) 1899”. The chain driven fusee movement is held between brass plates stamped “21899”. The original pendulum is scratched “Pay Office Loco C&W Acc’s”. The pendulum bob is also stamped “21899”. A nicely proportioned clock in working order with key. SOLD FOR
94 “Great Central Railway” glazed stoneware Inkwell in v.g.c. SOLD FOR
95 “Venice Simplon Orient Express Venice” double royal pictorial Poster by Fix-Masseau 1979. One small edge tear but no folds. SOLD FOR
96 Oval cast brass Locomotive Builders Plate “R&W Hawthorn Leslie & Co. Ltd. 3698 Newcastle on Tyne 1928”. Cleaned and lightly polished 10.1×6.1in. As carried by the LNER N2 Class 0-6-2T Nos. 2669 / 9575 / 69575. It was a Kings Cross and New England loco w/d Sept. 1962 and cut up at Doncaster Works. SOLD FOR
97 A quantity of unframed Carriage Prints. Condition varies. SOLD FOR
98 “Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway (Liverpool & Drogheda Steamers and Goole Steam Shipping)” so titled letterheaded Note from the Marine Superintendents Office, Goole to J.A.F. Aspinall, Manchester dated July 9th 1915. Listing all the company vessels laid up during 1915. Eleven vessels noted and their deployment. A most interesting statement bearing the coloured house flags of the west coast & east coast fleet. In a glazed frame 13.5×11.5in. o/all. SOLD FOR
99 North Eastern Railway “Ladies Room” enamel Doorplate. Some edge chipping but very good colour and shine. SOLD FOR
100 Midland Railway cast iron “Beware of Trains” Notice in ex-lineside condition. SOLD FOR

Next >